Thursday, October 18, 2012

Friday's Fortune

It may not be Friday yet, but I feel a great need to wax poetic regarding a local business where I live.  The business is only a few years old and is technically a "western" store; however, I think its way more than that.

Ranch West Supply is located in Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan and is locally owned by a woman named, Stacey Nolin.  Not only has Stacey been growing her business each year, but she has also been growing mine.  Her store is a great place to go and have a look around.  Ranch West Supply carries, of course, the standard "western wear" that you would expect, but it is also a store that carries equine supplies, home decor (this includes furniture), tack, handmade quilts, art prints and framed art, winter wear, "non-western" clothing, jewelry, horse shoes, her own line of clothing and Canadian Professional Chuckwagon Association (CPCA) clothing and souvenir line.  

Stacey is a great believer in supporting her community through donations - or anyway that she can help out and she supports me fully in my business.  

Stacey has allowed me to place inventory in her store, she takes orders for custom pieces for my business, she carries a line of my handmade cards and is one of my greatest supporters.  Whenever I have doubts about my business, moreover doubts about the arts and crafts I produce, she is the friend that can instantly erase those feelings.  Her positive and go-get 'em attitude, her confidence and work ethic are an inspiration.  Even when I have doubts about myself - she never has.  

Stacey has shown me that the only way to succeed is to take a chance and put yourself out there with confidence and a positive attitude.  I have every confidence in Stacey's ability to make a successful and rewarding life for herself and her business.

Thank you, Stacey, for believing in me.


No comments:

Post a Comment