Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday's Fortune

It was meant to be.  I was at work; I work in a local flower shop a couple days each week, and often times people will drop off vases that they no longer need or want.  This is a great way to recycle and it is beneficial to the flower shop (they get free vases to use) and the donator (they get to take flowers home to enjoy in exchange.  That's definitely a "win-win" situtation. 

It just so happens that this very scenario happened yesterday.  A gentleman came in on behalf of his wife to drop vases off.  He also had a number of other stops to make such as the recycling centre and the local thrift store.  His energy was waning significantly when he dropped the vases off and as he was leaving he yelled "Would either of you ladies like a box full of picture frames?" I didn't miss a beat and shouted back "I would!!"  He looked a little suprised that I took him up on his offer, but then his surprise turned into a look of relief.  "I'll bring them right in" he said. 

He brought the box in and I thanked him over and over again.  I had felt like I had won the lottery and the gentleman was very glad that he had one less stop to make.

I believe that I came out the winner in this situation, though.  The box had about 20 frames in it and some of them were still in the plastic!  The creativity was running wild in my brain as was my gratitude.

I definitely was in the right place at the right time and I am so thankful for this.  Although this happened on a Thursday, it truly felt like it was my "Friday's Fortune."

No comments:

Post a Comment