Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Hand-Crafted Technology

Blogging has enabled many individuals and companies to really express themselves. To me, reading someone's blog allows me to connect with them on a personal level or it allows a company to become more personable to me as a customer. 

A company, especially an online company, can add that "personal touch" through blogging that, unless a customer called the company and talked to a sales representative, was not available before. When I'm out shopping and I am face-to-face with store clerks or sales representatives, I often can't help but feel that I haven't been given an ounce of adequate customer service or personal service that allows me to feel welcome in any capacity.

As a business owner, I like to remind myself how fortunate I am to have people choose to spend their hard-earned money on one of my products. As a blogger, I can express my feelings in a way that allows my customer's to see that appreciation, even though my store front is a webpage.

Blogs act as a stage for individuals to express themselves, to advertise, to teach and inform on a personal level - which is a striking contrast to the medium in which it is delivered. B

Bloggers have gathered followers who become groups and communities; sharers of ideas and concepts that go far beyond telling your 978 friends what you had for lunch. Although blogging is not a new form of communication, it is for me as a blogger. And as a blogger and small business person, I will use it as a tool to connect to my customers on a personal level though the not-so-personal world wide web.

These are more blogs that have inspired me...
http://organizingmadefun.blogspot.ca/
http://bloominghomestead.blogspot.ca/
http://www.imperfecthomemaking.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment