Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Why Didn't I Think of That Wednesdays

With the "invention" of Pinterest and sites like it, I have learned that there are innovative, creative and down-right smart people out there.  I often find myself saying "Wow.  That is so smart.  What a simple and great idea.  Why didn't I think of that?"  I always say stuff like "Dont' reinvent the wheel if you don't have to."  By this, I don't mean that it's okay to take credit for someone else's idea.  Rather, it's great when there are people willing to share their ideas to help others make their lives easier/simpler.

The generousity of many bloggers and "tutorialists" (I'm pretty sure I made up that word) has inspired me to share things that I have learned or made-up on my own with all those who care to read it.

I am essentially a self-taught crafter/artist, but that's not to say that I don't inhale all possible information regarding a certain technique or art medium.  I will "Google", read magazines, look in libraries and book stores, for any information that I can get on whatever subject that I am researching at the time.  I have researched everything from volunteering in schools to what happens when the leaves turn brown on plants;  that's not to say that I am an expert in any subject.  I like to satisfies my curiousity on whatever subject that I am interested in, but then I also like to learn some things by trial and error - especially when it comes to arts and crafts.  There does come a time when I have had to look to others for their expertise because despite all the trials, success eludes me.  This usually ends with me wishing that I had searched for answers sooner because someone has not only found success in the subject, but also has invented an ingenious way to fix the problem that I have been having.

So in celebration of these amazing people, each Wednesday, I would like to impart some helpful bits of information, or feature a tutorial from a fellow blogger, for my followers.  I am very optimistic that I will have at least one or two of them one day.

So stay tuned...for next Wednesday of "Why didn't I think of that?"


No comments:

Post a Comment