Friday, September 21, 2012

Hand-crafted Technology

As I said before, without a physical store front, I am faced with the challenge of giving my customers a great shopping experience that includes personal and friendly customer service.  I would like my customers to feel comfortable browsing through my products and find a positive and professional environment.  Along with that, I would like them to be able to feel that they can contact me and ask any questions regarding my products regardless if they purchase something.

The internet provides me with a vast client potential, but that is also true for every other online store.  This is where blogging and "contact me" can help set an online entrepeneur apart. 

I was reminded how helpful being able to contact a store owner can be, both as a client or customer and as a store owner. 

I received an order for a hand-made item and the customer was able to inquire whether or not the item could be personalized to suit them.  So technology has provided a way for my customers or potential customers to contact me, the store owner, directly.  A lot of times this is not possible when dealing with a physical store front.  The norm, when visiting any store in your town or city does not usually consist of a visit with the store owner.  Store clerks are your point of contact and often times they do not have a stake nor care whether the store is successful or not.  This does not compute (ha-ha) into personal, customer care which leads me to the ironic belief that my customers can have a more personal experience with my company online than they can down at their local pharmacy.

Does all this mean that I think a computer is a good choice for personal interaction instead of an actual face-to-face with your hubby?  Heck no!  But isn't it a little food for thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment